Image caption: Kristian Zarthmann: Adam i Paradis, painting 1913
DATES (with) Art, Politic and History wants to be a theory program that questions and challenges the linearity of time as well as the hierarchy and the ways in which knowledge may be inscribed and circulated. Each date (+/- 4 years) is treated as a point of reference but also as a moment of friction in History when “events” took place in various disciplines.
Tuesday 19th of April, the contributors are:
- 4 pm Kiyoshi Yamamoto (based in Bergen)
On Frida Hansen, textile pioneer
- 5 pm Manuela de Barros (based in Paris)
Art féminism and politics in 1913
- 6 pm Kjersti Sundland (based in Bergen)
- 7 pm Rakel Haslund-Gjerrild (based in Copenhagen)
Writing 1913 - new historical fiction
- Distractions: Frans Jacobi; Facilitation: Ingrid Cogne
Wednesday 20th of April, the situation is:
- 5 – 7 pm For this DATE, the ambition is to challenge linearity and hierarchy in the ways in which knowledge performs or is performed. Taking as points of references the 4 contributions, we – everybody in the room – will engage in creating / be responsible of a situation of meeting and exchange, curiosity and generosity to re-activate, reflect upon, maybe expand the year 1913 (+/- 4 years).
Let’s queer/rock/shake with 1913, all together!
Facilitation: Ingrid Cogne, Frans Jacobi, and Axel Andersson (based in Stockholm)
The upcoming date is:
2011 – Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st of May 2022
Curated by Ingrid Cogne and Frans Jacobi, for the the Art Academy, KMD, University of Bergen.