Dear students and staff at the Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design!
What is a studio? How might a workspace provide both concentration and inspiration from the outside world? And what might an interdisciplinary studio for fine art, music and design look like? Between 2021 and 2023, the STUDIO project at KMD will explore these questions in practice and theory.
Do you want to know more? Join the launch of STUDIO in Nedre hall on Monday 23 August from 16-18. There will be PUNCH & free PIZZA, STUDIO talks and music.
- PUNCH & PIZZA. Marie Vallestad / Joy Forum
- About STUDIO. Merete Røstad and Hild Borchgrevink, curators (KORO)
- Dean and Vice Dean on STUDIO. Frode Thorsen and Åsil Bøthun
- The STUDIO residency program. Imi Maufe and Hilde Kramer.
- Building a STUDIO. A collaboration between KMD and BAS. Eamon O'Kane, Sveinung Unneland, Espen Folgerø
- MUSIC STUDIO with Heidi Kvelvane (saxophone) and Amund Nordstrøm (percussion), Grieg Academy - Department of Music.
This autumn, STUDIO launches a series of collaborative projects between the departments at KMD, Bergen and the world. This semester we will, among other things, map empty buildings along the coast together with Bergen School of Architecture and develop virtual music rooms with STUDIO resident Mark Fell and the Bergen Centre for Electronic Arts. Our second STUDIO resident is artist and designer Imi Maufe, who will talk about residences and her practice during the launch.
STUDIO is part of Public Art Norway's art project for the new KMD building in Møllendalsveien 61. STUDIO will explore work processes and studio practice in the arts, music and design and how these can be linked to art education.
You can read more about STUDIO in the column below.